Coaching, Facilities & Services
A key component of the National Sports Council is its coaching programme. This involves coaching in several disciplines at the primary/secondary school levels and in the community, an indispensable foundational phase by which a wide range of individuals can be encouraged and nurtured in one or more of several sporting disciplines and long-term sustainable sporting development realized.
The Council works closely with several key stakeholders to ensure the full development of sports. These stakeholders include 61 National Sporting Associations, the National Anti-Doping Commission (NADC) and the Barbados Olympic Association (BOA).
Under its management and critical to its development programme are a range of national assets inclusive of:
- The National and Netball Stadium
- Gymnasium Complex
- Skate Park
- 106 playing fields,
- 71 pavilions and
- 74 hard courts
Among the services of the National Sports Council are:
- Funding of Sports Programmes and Development for National Associations.
- Coaching of sporting disciplines at the junior and community levels.
- Co-ordination of competitions within each discipline.
- Provision of administrative and technical assistance to National Associations.
- Rental of Gymnasium Floor and Workshop Rooms
- Secretarial services and Meeting Venue for National Associations.
- Anti-Doping Services offered through the National Anti-Doping Commission.